About me

I am Jean-Marie Caterina, owner of the Caterina MacLean Group, The Maine Real Estate Network , 75 John Roberts Road, South Portland, Maine . My office number is (207)774-4224 and my direct line is (207)318-3440.
Check us out at www.wesellmaine.com

Friday, December 21, 2007

The True Story of the $10 Bill - A Christmas Story

The other day I was entrusted with a beautiful $10 bill neatly wrapped with a brilliant red ribbon and the admonishment that I should go forth and "spend it forward". So, I tucked that beautiful $10 bill decked in a bright red ribbon into my wallet and sallied forth wondering where it should go and what I should do with it.

Trusting always that Spirit would let me know just the right place for this bill, I was wandering through Hannaford's tonight looking for this and that when what should appear in front of me, but a display of brown paper bags filled with all of the trimmings for a wonderful holiday meal. They have been there all Fall I am sure, as the sign mentioned that when one took the bag to a register, a meal would be charged to you that would be given to a family in need. The dates for this special were from sometime in November to December 22nd.The cost?? $10, of course. And to think I had never seen it before!

I picked up the bag with a heart full of glee that here indeed was the purpose for that $10 bill that had been entrusted to me. After my groceries had been rung up, I then placed the bag in front of the cashier and handed her the $10 bill brightly trimmed in red ribbon. She looked askance at me and the bill until I explained that I had been entrusted with this bill for this purpose and would she please accept the $10 bill shining brightly in its gorgeous red ribbon?
Well....she was quite taken with that $10 bill, and its red ribbon, and marveled at such a wonderful idea! The lady in back of me in line was so entranced by the idea that she, too, gave $10 for a Christmas meal for someone deserving. I left the store feeling very happy that this little $10 bill wrapped in brilliant and glowing red ribbon had not only fed one family, but influencedanother $10 bill to come out of hiding and feed someone, too. And just
in the nick of time! The program ends tomorrow!

Abundance is here, swirling all around us. All it takes is a gentle reminder, like that $10 bill in its beautiful, bright, and glowing red ribbon, to pay attention to the subtle signs that, indeed, we are blessed.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!!! May you find the Spirit of the Season,
too! JCAT

No comments: