About me

I am Jean-Marie Caterina, owner of the Caterina MacLean Group, The Maine Real Estate Network , 75 John Roberts Road, South Portland, Maine . My office number is (207)774-4224 and my direct line is (207)318-3440.
Check us out at www.wesellmaine.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OMG! Do the finance reporters understand Real Estate??

I just about flipped today when I heard a reporter on MSNBC report that January sales were at a 12 year low because buyers are waiting to hear about government programs and they don't want to buy. And, guess what, the Northeast is the lowest. Helloooo............sales in January are contracts from November/December. Sales are ALWAYS slow in November and December, paricularly in the Northeast. The buyers in the Northeast aren't particularly worried about anything other than their jobs.
If they have a job and realize their job is secure, they are buying!

Yes......buyers are reluctant, but, guess what? The buyers are out there. A huge part of the problem are the cobrokers who are less skilled at selling in this market, so buyers are receiving less good advice about what constitutes a good sale. However, I have been way busy....which I would expect this time of year.

No more GLOOM and DOOM! If you want to buy, do it now!!! You will be sorry this time next year.

No comments: