About me

I am Jean-Marie Caterina, owner of the Caterina MacLean Group, The Maine Real Estate Network , 75 John Roberts Road, South Portland, Maine . My office number is (207)774-4224 and my direct line is (207)318-3440.
Check us out at www.wesellmaine.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wild New World!!

I have been following this economic turmoil with great interest, and not just because of the historic potential! While my IRA's have been melting away, I have become somewhat philosophical about it all. After all, yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't even here yet! So, what are the good things to come out of all of this mess?

First, it is a reminder that money is nothing more than a theory really. It is a symbol for time, power, material goods, or...in the case of weird things like derivatives....just theory!! Money is the cause for more angst, or more joy than just about anything. Money doesn't really belong to anyone. It can be used - for good or for bad. When it is hoarded, like the banks have been doing, it doesn't do any good for anyone. When it is freely circulated with good intention, it is very powerful.

I am very hopeful that more people will get into a better relationship with money as a result of this tumult! Buy only what you need, choose debt wisely, and, above all, spend it forward!!

No comments: